Brownie's Foggy Blog

Mostly boring, sometimes insightful, always inane, often banal, but never, ever, anything but the truth about how I see the world.

Name:
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States

I am a loud mouth at times, other times meek. I wonder at the world, but know not what I seek.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Birth of Libaconterianist

I haven't posted in a while and I feel obliged to do so, though right this moment, I don't have much to say. Perhaps by the end of this sentance, something will have struck me.

Okay. I've got it. I'll try to explain my political philosophy as best I may. There seems to be a fair amount of confusion among people who know me, so maybe this will help clear some of that up.

Well, I've been sitting here for a while trying to think of the best way to explain it, and I'm finding it difficult to formulate in a manifesto style, so I think I'll do it in a much easier way, a way that compares me to established political movements in this country.

How I am like a Liberal:
I believe in justice and equal opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, sex, age, etc....

How I am like a Conservative:
I think abortion is (in most cases) murder.

How I am like a Libertarian:
I believe we are all empowered by the Constitution to live the way we wish without government intrusion in to our lives.

How I am like a Anarchist:
I believe governments create far more problems than they solve (war, wasting money, war, they are a self-perpetuating beauracracy that looks out for its own best interests, war, etc.)

In a nutshell--that's me. Sure there's a lot more about me from issue to specific issue, but that constitutes the major themes upon which I base most of my other political beliefs.

So please--don't call me a Liberal, Conservative, Libertarian or Anarchist, I'm a little of each, and wholly none of the above. Unless you want to call me a Libaconterianist, in which case, I guess I couldn't really complain.

Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan S said...

I've heard that Libaconterianists are indecisive. And, also, that they hate America and love terrorists.

Can you disabuse me of these notions?

11:31 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

I am not indecisive. On the contrary. I have decided what I DISLIKE about the major political movements in this country and have rejected them outright because of their weakness, and in effect, created my own philosophy. I'm unique, just like everyone else.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home