Brownie's Foggy Blog

Mostly boring, sometimes insightful, always inane, often banal, but never, ever, anything but the truth about how I see the world.

Name:
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States

I am a loud mouth at times, other times meek. I wonder at the world, but know not what I seek.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Book Update: A Nibble

For those who don't know, I've finally had a request from a publishing company to read my manuscript for The Heart of the Graystone. I sent it off last week after whipping it into a more professional looking format. The double-spacing put it at about 440 pages (!), nearly a whole ream of paper to print it out. I was pretty surprised my toner cartridge held out, but it did.

I still haven't heard from three of the other publishers I've queried, which is a little surprising, but one flat rejection and one request to read the book was a 50/50 response, and better results than I expected. I ran around a little giddy for the first few hours after receiving the request, but I soon realized it wasn't much more than a nibble at the bait I sent out. If I am not a complete hack, (I think I am most of the time, though once in a while I write something I'm pleased with), then maybe I'll get this thing published. Knock on wood.

(The conscious manifestation of Brownie's insecurities continue chanting to the drumbeat of his id: I know I'm a hack...I know I'm a hack...)

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan S said...

This just continues to be exciting. As you noted, even if this falls through, getting back a nibble so soon is very very good news. Of course, you shouldn't get your hopes up, blah blah blah, but still....


How goes the job nibble?

5:43 PM  
Blogger snarkbutt said...

Congrats! That's great news, even if it's just the first of countless hurdles.

Keep us posted.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home