Brownie's Foggy Blog

Mostly boring, sometimes insightful, always inane, often banal, but never, ever, anything but the truth about how I see the world.

Name:
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States

I am a loud mouth at times, other times meek. I wonder at the world, but know not what I seek.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Many Shall Come in My Name...

From the Book of Matthew - And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

TO WIT: José Luis de Jesús Miranda is the founder and leader of the Growing In Grace International Ministry, a cult based in Miami, but with tens of thousands of followers around the world (mostly in the Americas). Miranda claims to believe that his life and teachings supersede those of Jesus Christ. He often openly refers to himself as the Antichrist and has had a "666" tatoo or brand put on his arm, as have many of his followers, to show their personal support and devotion to him. Yet sometimes he also referred to himself as "Jesus in the flesh."

So which is it, bud? Christ or Anti-Christ. Make up your mind. If you have one.

I guess what bothers me most about this guy is not his blasphemous ways (they do bother me a great deal) but the fact that so many fools are willing to follow this guy. He is obviously a charlatan, a liar, a thief, a narcissistic egomaniac, along with a host of other unsavory characteristics that have nothing to do with Christianity. And those are just his poor secular qualities, don't get me started on the guy's spiritual and orthodoxical problems.

I wish someone could answer my How? How can people be so blind?

I guess in the abscence of real leadership (a fault of the Christian church on earth as a whole) people are willing to follow anyone who'll give them some sense of order (Hitler, anyone?).

Once again, I sigh with a heavy heart. This time, for the poor folk who follow the "666 Christ."

4 Comments:

Blogger Fingtree said...

I have seen some coverage of Miranda. It's good stuff. It proves so many things. Joseph Smith (Mormons), David Karesh (Waco), Hitler, 100 pounds of clay, Fox news, Jihad, Bible, Muhammad, Scientology, Satanism, blah blah blah, it goes on and on....Whatever you can come up with , there will be people who will follow or swallow it hook, line and sinker. I figured this out in my teenage years.
If I had no conscience, with a malevolent scheme or purpose of personal gain or control, it would be so easy to make a way to have people believe in whatever message I could create.
One fact that the Bible has left out of Jesus's life, was the 4 years, possibly 6 years (it's debatable) of his term he had to serve as a soldier in the Roman army. You don't hear about it, it is what ultimately led to his death. It was the Romans that killed him after all. He was a good soldier, but spoke against it later in life, therefore they took his life for it.

9:02 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

I've never heard the Jesus as soldier story before. Where did you hear/read about this? I'm very curious...

7:14 AM  
Blogger Fingtree said...

Sound convincing? It's that easy :)

7:34 AM  
Blogger brownie said...

Touche....

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home