Brownie's Foggy Blog

Mostly boring, sometimes insightful, always inane, often banal, but never, ever, anything but the truth about how I see the world.

Name:
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States

I am a loud mouth at times, other times meek. I wonder at the world, but know not what I seek.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Book Update: The Probability of Diamonds

"Even the most exquisite of diamonds does not shine in the dark." -M.K. Brown

Perhaps my previous post was a bit premature. While it was indeed true that I was offered a book deal for The Heart of the Graystone, I have decided to decline the offer. I should have done my homework BEFORE I submitted to this particular "publishing company".

I thought something was fishy when I received a notice of acceptance less than two weeks after submitting my manuscript, so I did some research, read all the literature on the company's website and compared it to the sample contract, and after a short period of soul-searching (a very short period, as it turns out) I felt it was in my best interests NOT to accept the company's offer.

I don't like being overly critical, especially in print, even though most of you know I do enjoy a good debate. So if anyone would like to see for themselves why I chose to pass up the (admittedly legitimate) offer to have my work published, just check out this link: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/104/ripoff0104646.htm

Thanks for all your encouragement anyway.

The road is long, with many a winding turn...we'll get there. We'll get there. (From: He Ain't Heavy, He's my Brother)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home